June in Buffalo is now accepting applications for this year's festival, which runs June 5-11, 2017 at the University at Buffalo. Composers selected for June in Buffalo 2017 will have the opportunity to attend masterclasses with faculty composers Eivind Buene, David Dzubay, David Felder, Brian Ferneyhough, Henrik Hellstenius, and Jeffrey Mumford. Participants’ works will be performed by resident ensembles Dal Niente, Mivos Quartet, Ensemble SIGNAL, and Slee Sinfonietta. The festival will also feature the performances by the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, Cikada Trio, and Irvine Arditti featuring works by this year’s faculty composers.
A promotional video about the 2012 festival is available below:
To apply for the June in Buffalo festival please submit the following items:
1. A résumé or curriculum vitae detailing your education, experience, and creative activity.
2. A letter of reference from someone acquainted with your current compositional activity.
3. A proposal requesting the performance of a recent work for:
a) 2 violins, viola, cello (or subset)–Mivos Quartet
b) flute, oboe, clarinet, piano, percussion, violin, cello (or subset)–Dal Niente
c) a sextet comprised of the following instruments: flute, oboe, clarinet, horn, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola cello, double bass (or subset)–Ensemble Signal
d) duos, trios or quartets of mixed instrumentation including soprano–Slee Sinfonietta
e) solo instrument
Proposals with electronics and/or multimedia will be considered.
Included with the proposal should be a brief description of the work that includes length, full instrumentation, and any technical requirements. Proposals for works in progress will be considered. A portion of the score plus the description listed above must be included with application materials for in-progress works.
4. One or two scores that demonstrate your recent work and accompanying recordings, if available.
5. A $25 non-refundable processing fee. Checks or money orders should be made payable to June in Buffalo. Foreign applicants must pay by international money order in US currency. Do not send cash.
6. An e-mail address at which you can be easily contacted and a self addressed stamped envelope (optional) for the return of application materials.
Application materials must be postmarked by March 1, 2017.
Materials should be sent to:
June in Buffalo
220 Baird Hall
Department of Music
University at Buffalo
Additional information is available here.